Fife Community Safety Support Service
Fife Community Safety Support Service (FCSSS) is a voluntary service delivered by Sacro and funded by Fife Council.
What does FCSSS offer?
The service offers:
- Practical and emotional support for people experiencing hate incidents and anti-social behaviour (including support to young people)
- Restorative Work
- Attendance at Community events
- Witness Support (provided for those in civil proceedings).
Support around Anti Social Behaviour and Hate Incidents
Sacro have a programme which we can use with people to tackle sectarianism and hate incidents. Emotional and practical support will be offered to anyone suffering from hate incidents and anti-social behaviour.
Mediation (including families)
FCSSS Mediation Service aims to resolve conflict between families and parties in dispute. This is achieved by facilitating communication between the parties in the dispute either by face-to-face meetings, shuttle dialogue, phone or a combination of all methods depending on the circumstances and engagement of the parties involved.
This involves facilitating communication between the person harmed by anti-social behaviour and the person responsible for causing the harm. This is achieved by restorative justice conferences, face-to-face meetings, shuttle dialogue, family group conferences and victim awareness programmes.
Signposting to other services
Where it is recognised that specialist intervention is required in relation to equality and diversity, substance misuse, mental health, domestic abuse, criminal injuries, sexual offences, Sacro will signpost onto the most appropriate professional to ensure that the correct and relevant support and advice is available.
Witness Support (provided for those attending court for Civil Proceedings)
Sacro offers emotional support and practical guidance to witnesses who have been summoned to attend court. Our staff will engage with witnesses to explain the court process, accompany them to court and advocate on their behalf with other agencies where appropriate.
What happens when you are referred to Fife Community Safety Support Service?
- You will be matched with the appropriate service.
- You will receive a letter or phone call to set up your first appointment. Your meeting can take place in your home at the Sacro or local council service office or a place that is suited for your personal circumstances.
- You and your support worker will work to discuss your needs and agree a plan of action.
- Once your needs are identified, you and your support worker will support you in accessing the appropriate service or help.
- You will have ongoing contact with your support worker
- Your support worker will continue to review your case and agree the next steps.
To find out more about Sacro's Community Safety Support Service in Fife, call us on 01592 641618 or email email@example.com.
For secure email communication, contact: FCSSS@sacro.org.uk.cjsm.net
[n.b. this address will only accept email sent from another secure address]