Sacro helps create safer and more cohesive communities across Scotland.
From providing conflict resolution that prevents disputes from escalating to supporting prisoners on release, we'll work with you to repair harm and reduce conflict and reoffending.
Our Criminal Justice services help reduce offending in communities.
Our Youth Justice Services offer support to those affected by and responsible for harm.
Our skilled Community Mediators deal with local disputes and help make communities safe.
Helen Cullen, Volunteer Mentor.
Helen began looking for volunteering opportunities after retiring, having worked for 23 years in the addictions sector. She worked for five years at Barlinnie prison in the first statutory addiction service within a penal establishment in Europe and was instrumental in setting up an addiction service in Shotts prison. Helen also worked for more than 20 years with North Lanarkshire Council.
Did you know...
- Clean slate for criminals who get up to four years in prison
- Why are so many women held in prison?
- Hate crime: Don't put up with it - report it!
- Legislation as life saver
- Raise school leaving age to reduce crime
- Polmont launches young offenders parenting scheme
- Children with relatives in prison 'overlooked by society'
- Scotswoman of the Year: Worthy winner lifts our hearts
- Two in three women in Scots prison are on suicide watch