Sacro helps create safer and more cohesive communities across Scotland.
From providing conflict resolution that prevents disputes from escalating to supporting prisoners on release, we'll work with you to repair harm and reduce conflict and reoffending.
Our Criminal Justice services help reduce offending in communities.
Our Youth Justice Services offer support to those affected by and responsible for harm.
Our skilled Community Mediators deal with local disputes and help make communities safe.
John Scott QC delivered this year's Sacro lecture to a wide-ranging audience in the University of Edinburgh's Playfair Library.
In his lecture, Restorative Practices and the Heart of the Criminal Justice System, John Scott offered a human rights analysis of restorative justice as a means of having both victims and offenders at the heart of the criminal justice system.
Did you know...
- Bill to abolish early release
- Criminals will be made to pay for victims' costs
- The legal challenge
- When X should mark the spot for prisoners
- Call for education on brain injuries of offenders
- Inmate brain injury awareness urged
- The Guardian view on voting rights for prisoners
- Bobby’s baton bearing crowns 30 years of volunteering
- Round the houses