Sacro helps create safer and more cohesive communities across Scotland.
From providing conflict resolution that prevents disputes from escalating to supporting prisoners on release, we'll work with you to repair harm and reduce conflict and reoffending.
Our Criminal Justice services help reduce offending in communities.
Our Youth Justice Services offer support to those affected by and responsible for harm.
Our skilled Community Mediators deal with local disputes and help make communities safe.
Sacro’s successful renewal of the Investing in Volunteers standard was marked on 10 March with the presentation of a plaque and certificate at National Office. Anne Hislop, Investing in Volunteers Manager at Volunteer Scotland made the presentation to Sacro’s Tom Halpin (Chief Executive), Elizabeth Carmichael (Depute Chair), volunteers Kathryn Hilditch and Zenon Bankowski and Gareth Jenkins (Volunteer Co-ordinator).
Did you know...
- Legislation as life saver
- Raise school leaving age to reduce crime
- Polmont launches young offenders parenting scheme
- Children with relatives in prison 'overlooked by society'
- Scotswoman of the Year: Worthy winner lifts our hearts
- Two in three women in Scots prison are on suicide watch
- Carloway: we need culture shift in prison sentencing
- Inmates lose right to vote in indyref appeal
- Purposeful activity for prisoners must be reviewed, warns chief inspector